Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Samuel Neil Davis

So not that I could forget Sam's birth story... I thought JUST in case I'd blog about it.

I was scheduled for a repeat C-section on May 3 at 7 am. I desperately wanted to have Sam early. I had said since he was our last that I had wanted his birth to be spontaneous and exciting like Will's. Well.... I got my wish!!

On May 1 I had JUST eaten lunch with my mom in Guntersville and sat down to do some work and my water broke!! I called Stephen and told him not to freak out... Remember I am an hour away. So after talking with my mom... Much to her and Stephen's hesitation I hopped in the car and drove myself back to Decatur. I left the big kids with my mom who was like 30 mins behind.

I get to hospital (after going by the house to get Stephen and our bags) only to be told what I knew all along... Since I had just eaten that I'd have to wait because of the anesthesia. We were told a few different times and got frustrated some along the way. Finally we were told we would have a C-section at 8:30.

At 8:48 Samuel Neil Davis was born!! He weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 19.5 inches. He had a head full of dark hair. See a birth picture below.

And now it's been a little over a month and it's been rocky but we have survived. We went for a one month checkup today. Sam was 9 lbs 5 oz and 21.25 inches. Both of which put him in 25th percentile. Here's a couple of pictures as of lately...

0 comments: