Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

So that entails this week... the good, the bad & the ugly. It's been quite the week with Will. We've had many emotions run through our house over the last few days. There have been some trying times with Will. In the past couple of weeks Will has started getting fussy at night and crying for no reason... which the doctor said is normal. There's nothing more wearing on you than hearing your child cry and not being able to calm him down. We hold him every way possible. We feed him. We change him. We rock him. We sing to him. Sometimes nothing works. But eventually the crying stops and he goes to sleep and tomorrow is a good day and it's all forgotten.

But aside from the bad and ugly that comes with parenting, the good and the great come with it too. Will has "grown up" so much over just the last week even. He's to the point where he needs to be interacted with and stimulated. It's the sweetest thing to see Will be amazed by a singing giraffe that he has.
Now, I know you can't really see the giraffe in the picture, and I know Will's head is cut off, but I took this with my cell phone real fast so not to lose the moment. This is Will's first interaction with his toys. The giraffe was playing the music, and Will was looking at it, and then out of no where, he reached for it and this is what he came out with! It was the sweetest thing ever. When he grabbed it, you could tell he was like, "What did I just do?" and then he made one of his "Caaaa" noises that is heart melting sweet.

Since Will was so amazed by his giraffe, I decided to let him try and watch a Baby Einstein movie he has. It says from 3 months and up. But man, Will loved it. It's 31 minutes long, and he sat through 22 minutes of it. He loved all the shapes and colors that came across the screen. It will definitely become a daily activity from now on out.

I let Will sit in his bouncy seat while I set up and he watched the movie. The first picture below depicts how calm he was at first. Then he was not very patient with me while I was trying to get the DVD on. He started fussing and throwing his arms all around. Well, on his bouncy seat there is a toy bar. One of the toys that dangles is a rattle, and the other is something that plays a short song when pulled. Well, he throws his arms around and they end up grabbing onto the red thing that plays music. Again, he stopped for a second as if he was amazed at the feeling... which I'm sure he was. But then he started back up again with his arms and this ended in him pulling the toy which then started singing which really got his attention and calmed him right down. It was so neat to see him start noticing the things around him... even if on accident. The second picture below shows him holding the toy. Again, it's blurry because I snapped it with my cell phone before he let go, plus Will was moving the whole time.


Overall, being a parent is still amazing, but it's definitely a trial and error and learning process. We're still learning what Will likes and doesn't like and how he likes to be held when he's fussy and things of the sort. He's starting to smile some, which when he smiles it melts my heart! As long as at the end of every fussy, bad time Will lays his head on my shoulder and holds onto my shirt so tight and looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes that I can tell love me, I can handle the bad times. We have some other new pictures as well, but we'll post them later when we have more time. Oh, and Will's Social Security card came in the mail so the government now recognizes him!

0 comments: