Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Will is growing so fast!!

It is so hard to believe that Will is 2.5 weeks old already! Where is time going?!? He is such a great baby. He cries very little and is very content just laying on his boppy looking around. It's so nice that he's easy going and sleeps a lot. He's growing like a weed too! He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz when he was born on Friday, September 19. When we left the hospital on Monday, September 22, he weighed 6 lbs, 12 oz. Then when we went to the doctor on Monday, September 29th (a mere week later) he weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz. His doctor was amazed!! He warned us that Will is going to develop neck rolls and leg rolls but not to limit his food intake and keep feeding him on demand... oh boy! He's started communicating already. If you talk to him, he'll look you in the eyes for a while and then say, "Caaa". Haha. Not really much of communication but it is the sweetest sound. He has the strongest legs ever as well. He kicks and can move himself around a great deal. It's actually kind of scary. Oh, and his cord fell off today so we officially have a belly button.. and I'm glad to report it's an inny. :)

I have the crud... runny nose, headache, earache, sore throat.. the crud. It's hard since I can't take anything for it since I'm breastfeeding. It's definitely a challenge being a new mom and having to sacrifice so much... like when I feel like crud and just want to rest but Will needs to eat or needs a diaper change or just wants to be held.. but it's also amazing how much I love him and how it doesn't bother me at all to love on my little guy...although I can't kiss and hug on him too much since I don't want to get him sick. Stephen has been a great help during all of this. I still let him sleep at night and try not to bother him since he does work full-time and go to school full-time. But he'll take care of Will from the time he gets home until he goes to bed except for feedings & diaper changing. I have tried pumping and letting him feed Will and Will just doesn't like it as much, and I'd rather let Will eat than pump anyways so I don't mind feeding him. I think it's a sweet, fun time. But I enjoy my downtime and rest time that he allows me to have. He's a fabulous husband and father.

Stephen's mom is coming tomorrow for a few days. I am looking forward to having some help since I'm sick. And of course Stephen is gong to enjoy having his mom here... after all, there's nothing like your mom! :)

Oh, and we went to church this past Sunday for the first time. We only went to worship service but it went great. We sat on the back row right by the door in case Will did get fussy and needed to leave. But he slept the whole time. He really loves music and singing. He always kicked a lot in the womb when we were at church during the singing, and he enjoyed the music this Sunday at church just as much. Anyways, that's what's been going on with Will and us over the last 2.5 weeks. I'll attach a couple of pictures of Will... they are all of him sleeping, because, well, that's mostly what he does besides eat.




0 comments: