Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Week from You Know Where

It has been quite a week around here. Very, very, very busy and stressful. As many of you may know, my parents own a few Domino's Pizza in Northern Alabama. This week is national Customer Appreciation Week... meaning you can get a large 1-topping with free extra cheese for 5.99. It's crazy at the stores! And I had already precommitted to help during this week. I worked in the Guntersville store three days.

So I knew I had this going into this week. But on Sunday, we were at church getting things ready to do the activity with the youth... and one of my old bosses from V&J called. He said an attorney had contacted him on a case I did almost two years ago requesting that transcript... and by the next night! Well, since we were at church, we were an hour away from home. Thank goodness Jon and Danielle were in town because they came over and found most of the files and told me how many pages the job was. Thankfully, my boss called back and said the attorney changed his mind and just needed the job as quickly as possible. I thought the job was around 75 pages from what they were able to find. I get home and I start working on the job, which was every reporter's nightmare. I forgot that during this time, my laptop was broken and sent in for repairs so I didn't have it in realtime files and had to download it from my machine and use my digital recorder files in Windows Media Player. But after many long days and nights, the job is finally with my proofreader. I sent it to her in three parts so that maybe we could tackle it sooner. After finding ALL the files, it really ended up being 200 pages. I'm so glad she was able to fit me in! She's the best. If anyone is looking for a proofreader or scopist, e-mail me and I'll give you her contact info. She's awesome!

So that was my side of the crazy week. Stephen has to teach Sunday School, preach during worship, and plan a video scavenger hunt for the kids... all for this Sunday so he has been crazily busy too. Poor Will has had no home-cooked meals... lots of grilled cheeses and chicken nuggets.

OH, which reminds me... Tuesday evening Will was so fussy... actually, he was screaming. So even though I didn't want, I gave in and was going to let him take a second nap at 5:45 because there was no way he was going to make it to bedtime... I didn't feed him dinner or give him a bath because I thought this was a NAP... but no, he slept until 7:05 the next morning!!! I guess he was just completely worn out.

Well, hopefully now that I have the transcript mostly tackled, I will be able to blog and relax a little more and tackle housework... don't even get me started on my house. Will and I are riding with my mom in a few minutes to deliver payroll to the stores... just so I can have a second to visit with her. We have both been so busy that a few minutes in a car together technically still working is the only way we can spend time together!

0 comments: